Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Going into Two Years of Marriage

On the 25th of April my husband and I will be married for two years. We thank God everyday for all the things he's done for us and for each day he allows us to be together. My husband and I met 6 years ago and started dating and was together for 4 years before we got married. Four months after getting married we found out we were pregnant and now we're getting ready to celebrate our baby boy's first birthday. Our journey has not been an easy one, like all marriages we've had our ups and downs, and with a baby things can get stressful especially since my husband was working and a full time student. A lot of times I had to be alone with my son and it could get stressful especially since he wasn't sleeping at all through the night. With prayer and the help of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I have been able to get through it. I owe it all to Jesus, I can't take any credit. He took out my heart of stone and gave me a heart of flesh, a heart that seeks him. Many people are confused as to what being saved really is. If you are truly saved your are regenerated, you won't want to do the things you once did. Sure you still struggle but people around you will see a difference. I've lost friends, people don't want to talk to me anymore because I don't talk perverted, or cuss or want to go out to the club and get drunk. I have lost friends but I've gained so much more in Jesus. I pray for all my friends and family that someday they will be saved, serving the Lord is the greatest gift ever.

Being a new mommy is such an amazing journey. My son was born in May, he had acid reflux and it was really hard seeing him go through that. We did a lot of different things to help try to make it easier for him. We didn't put him on any medication, instead we held him upright when feeding him, and held him for at least 30 minutes after he ate. I will do another blog talking all about that. He had teething symptoms from two months all the way till eight months when he finally got his teeth. Now just yesterday he started walking. He still needs practice but he's doing really good. Like any mom I got unwanted advice the best thing is too just listen and take it all in, whether you want to hear it or not they're going to tell you so the best thing is to not argue.

I'm going to end this post for now but if you have any questions or would like me to blog about anything specific feel free to email me or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment